Career Opportunity Cruise and Marketing Manager
Port Charlottetown Cruise and Marketing Manager
Reports to: CEO
Posted September 25, 2021
Application Deadline October 26, 2021
The Cruise and Marketing Manager is responsible for the development and execution of a comprehensive and cohesive marketing strategy for all Port Charlottetown related activities. The prime responsibility is cruise product development including quality service to the cruise lines, ship agency interactions, and communications pertaining to cruise and Port Charlottetown operations.
Major Job Duties
- Develop strategic cruise marketing plans to promote Charlottetown and Atlantic Canada as a successful cruise destination
- Provide key market intelligence to Port Charlottetown
- Communicate and negotiate with promotional partners for joint marketing
- Oversee the development, management, and maintenance of all communication materials
- Work with community stakeholders on the development of promotional activities and business-related events
- Participate in committees and/or associations related to and of benefit for Port Charlottetown
- Negotiate agreements and partnerships with external parties regarding cruise, marketing, and communications
- Manage the volunteer program including seaport orientation, welcoming, information transitioning and check-in on cruise ship days to ensure successful greeting experience for cruise ship passengers
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on industry activities (including Port Tariff structures); make recommendations based on findings/opportunities discovered to enhance cruise growth
- In coordination with Port Manager, clearly communicate and ensure that port use scheduling respects the obligations and agreements with cruise lines and other port users
Before applying, please review the full job description and list of requirements here.
- Bachelor’s degree – specialization in marketing, public relations, or business administration preferred
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in tourism and hospitality management
- Knowledge of the cruise industry and commercial shipping/marine related environments
- Significant experience in a marketing and sales capacity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Media relations training and experience
- Strong presentation skills
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines and manage contracts
- Excellent computer skills
The compensation package will be competitive and negotiated based on experience and qualifications.
- The closing date for applications is Tuesday, October 26, 2021. Applications will be accepted online via Indeed only. Drop-ins and phone calls will not be accepted.
- Questions about the hiring process or position can be emailed in confidence to recruit@resolveHR.ca referencing “Port Charlottetown Position” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.