Director of Finance Career Opportunity
*Deadline for applications extended to February 26, 2021.*
Charlottetown Area Development Corporation (CADC) is a progressive organization that works to attract private sector development and investment opportunities to grow and expand commercial development in the Greater Charlottetown area. CADC has played an important development role in Charlottetown since 1974, and operates as a self-financed entity.
We are currently seeking a Director of Finance who will drive the organization’s financial operations and continuously improve financial performance. The successful candidate will work closely with the management team, reporting to the Board through the GM/CEO. The candidate will have a strong business sense and understand the strategic impact the finance function has on the business, communities, partners, and stakeholders. They will be a dynamic leader who demonstrates strong accountability, enjoys innovation, and values professional relationships.
Status: Permanent full-time
Reports to: GM/CEO
Estimated start date: TBD
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Preparation of annual budget for CADC, including preparing necessary working papers to support the budget information for major projects. Includes presentation of draft budget to CADC Management for review and analysis, to the Finance Committee for approval, and to the Board of Directors for final approval.
- Preparation and maintenance of amortization schedules for loan and mortgage receivables, as well as long term debt related to the various assets purchased and contracts assumed.
- Maintenance of the General Ledger accounts, including setting up of accounts and making necessary changes to account formats.
- Preparation of monthly draft financial statements, preparation of year-end working papers, and provision of all information for the annual audit.
- Preparation of financial data analysis relevant to the operation of CADC and subsidiary entities, as requested.
- Preparation and maintenance of files related to Federal and Provincial Grants, as well as reconciliation of monies received for the respective projects.
- Creation of systems and procedures to work with multiple project financial coordination.
- Manage financial risk by ensuring sound financial practices while exploring innovative opportunities for development and opportunities for CADC.
- Preparation of monthly statements and yearly reconciliation to the revenue and expense account balances for all CADC Projects, Developments, Property Rentals and Parking operations revenue.
- Preparation of various and sundry invoices related to expense recoveries, sundry parking, management fees respective to various projects, time charges for staff, as required.
- Responsible for suitable back-up procedures for financial data of CADC, including the coordination of outside assistance of technical providers.
- Preparation of quarterly GST remittances including reconciliation of General Ledger account to balance of remittance, preparation of monthly tax remittances consisting of taxes charged on miscellaneous invoices as well as self assessments on goods purchased.
- Attendance at monthly Finance Committee and Board of Directors meetings and taking minutes while in attendance.
Education and Experience
The preferred candidate will possess the following requirements and assets:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in progressively more senior finance and accounting roles
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation required
- University degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance required
- Strong business acumen essential
- Exceptional relationship development and management skills
- Competent in leveraging technology and implementing financial software
- Technical excellence in accounting, business finance planning and analysis, budgeting, and forecasting
- Strong working knowledge of financial and operational reporting, analysis and modelling, ability to interpret financial information to provide sound strategic financial advice
- Ability to act as both a strategic level leader and hands-on technician
- Experience in ACCPAC, ADP, General Ledger accounting
- Knowledge of payroll, bank reconciliation, and web banking procedures
What CADC Provides
CADC offers a competitive compensation package including group benefits, defined contribution retirement plan, and salary to be determined based on the successful candidate’s background and experience.
Applications will be accepted online here only. Drop-ins, phone calls and mail-ins will not be accepted. If you have questions about this position, email recruit@resolveHR.ca with “CADC Director of Finance” in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is February 19, 2021.
UPDATE: Extended to February 26, 2021.
If you feel you have the qualifications, we encourage you to apply.
CADC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.