Careers with Clients
The Wind Energy Institute of Canada (WEICan) is a not-for-profit research organization that advances the development of wind energy across Canada through research, testing, innovation, and collaboration.
Since 1981, WEICan has been at the forefront of Canada’s wind research. WEICan, which until 2006 was known as the Atlantic Wind Test Site (AWTS), is situated in North Cape, PEI, an area with an outstanding wind resource. As we move forward, we continue to work in close collaboration with our many partners, including universities, colleges and other research institutions, private sector companies, governments, and utilities.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Technology is responsible for the development, implementation, operation, monitoring and evaluation of the Wind Energy Institute of Canada’s (WEICan’s) Research & Development Wind Park and its associated programs. The Director of Technology plans and implements projects while working with the CEO to manage day-to-day operations. This position supervises a small team that generally includes engineers, technicians, and other technical staff, as well as staff that have been assigned on a temporary basis from other research institutes.
This position is technically competent, a Professional Engineer, and a leader of people internal to the organization and external stakeholders. In supporting WEICan’s mandate, the Director of Technology contributes to the development and future growth of the Institute, the development of industry standards, development, and maintenance of relationships with partners around the world, etc.
Before applying, please full job description and complete requirements at Director of Technology – full job description and requirements – PDF
Education Experience Competencies:
· Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) designation
· Post-secondary education in engineering, preferably mechanical or electrical engineering, graduate degree in engineering an asset
· Relevant combination of technical training and experience
· Knowledge of industrial control and wind power technologies
· Minimum of five years managing teams; senior administration or technology management an asset
· Knowledge of small/large wind turbines and significant experience in an energy-related field
· Knowledge of International Electrotechnical Commission Standards
How to apply
To be considered for this position, apply at Career Beacon.
Calls, drop-ins and mailed applications will not be accepted. Inquiries can be sent to recruit@resolveHR.ca with “WEICan Director of Technology” in the subject line.
Deadline: June 4, 2021
WEICan supports diversity and inclusion is its employment practices.
Thank you to all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We frequently get asked if we are recruiters. As with most services resolveHR provides, we do not offer cookie-cutter solutions.
Instead, resolveHR offers a different kind of recruiting service. We assist clients in hiring as opposed to recruiting for a client. Our process is highly transparent and supportive. Our service fee is hourly-based instead of commission, so we can provide as much or as little assistance as the client chooses. Above all, our client is always in charge.
resolveHR’s services can include the following:
- assist with planning what an organization needs (i.e. does the employer still need that door-to-door encyclopedia salesperson?)
- develop the job description and job ad
- post job ad online with or without assessments
- receive and sort applications
- file applications in a shared folder with our client (Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive)
- shortlist candidates
- draft interview questions
- set up interviews and logistics
- orient/train client’s interviewers or interview panel
- manage potential biases objectively
- participate in the interview panel
- perform employment reference checks
- correspond with candidates and interviewers in follow-ups
- draft employment offers and agreements
- contact rejected candidates
There are many differences between what resolveHR offers and what conventional recruiters offer. If you are interested in having a partner that supports you in the process, get in touch and we will let you know the differences so that you can make an informed decision.
Talent Sorter™ is resolveHR’s preferred candidate receiving platform. Always seeking the right “fit” for employers.
Please note that unsolicited resumes are not accepted.