Below are a few excerpts from the Government of PEI’s new broadband fund. If you are interested in the program, click here.
The Prince Edward Island Broadband Fund (PEIBF) provides financial assistance to local Prince Edward Island internet service providers (ISPs), communities and businesses for the installation of infrastructure for enhanced broadband services. The Prince Edward Island Broadband Fund (PEIBF) provides a contribution of up to 50% of the eligible costs for a project approved for funding. Applications must be submitted prior to the start of a project; any expenses incurred before the submission of an application are ineligible.
You may be eligible to access the Prince Edward Island Broadband Fund (PEIBF) if you are:
- A Prince Edward Island for-profit business that is a sole proprietorship, partnership, cooperative or limited liability company that requires access to new or upgraded services to their business premises.
- Not-for-profit businesses
- Teleworking access
A project may be eligible for PEIBF support where costs will be incurred for a business to gain access to new or upgraded internet services to their business premises.
Projects related to operational costs, repairs or maintenance for existing infrastructure are not eligible for PEIBF support. More details are provided in the Eligible and Ineligible Costs section of this guide.
All applications will be evaluated on provision of the information requested, including completeness and suitability of the information, and will be assessed on factors including:
- Eligibility of the applicant business;
- Incremental broadband improvement and quality of the proposed service to the business premises;
- Applicant’s ability to complete the project, including evidence of funds for the balance of project costs; and
- Availability of PEIBF budget.
Eligible Project Costs
Eligible costs are those direct costs that can be specifically identified and measured as having been required and incurred to implement and complete the project, including but not limited to the direct labour and materials costs for connection of the business premises.
Proposal Inquiries and Questions
Proponents are encouraged to work with Innovation PEI staff in the preparation of their application and proposal. Inquiries regarding PEIBF can be addressed by contacting:
Preston Llewellyn, Senior Business Development Officer – Innovation PEI
Tel: 902-368-6300, Email: email@example.com(link sends e-mail)